The Evaluation Community
- The American Evaluation Association is an international professional association of evaluators devoted to the application and exploration of program evaluation, personnel evaluation, technology, and many other forms of evaluation.
- The Evaluation Center's mission is to advance the theory, practice, and utilization of evaluation. The Center's principal activities are research, development, dissemination, service, instruction, and national and international leadership in evaluation.
- The Michigan Association for Evaluation is an organization devoted to educating about the science and use of evaluation. MAE exists to promote evaluation in Michigan. Dr. Tackett has served on the board of directors since April 2013.
Evaluation Data Sources
- The KIDS COUNT Network is comprised of state-based KIDS COUNT projects in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Network members share the common goal of using data to advance change on behalf of kids and families.
- ICPSR stores, curates, and provides access to scientific data so others can reuse the data and validate research findings.
- Monitoring the Future is an ongoing study of the behaviors, attitudes, and values of American secondary school students, college students, and young adults. Each year, a total of approximately 50,000 8th, 10th and 12th grade students are surveyed.
- A quick way to find data from the U.S. Census Bureau about your state, county, or city.
- MAPAS in an online mapping tool created by the Community Research Institute at Grand Valley State University. Individuals can access census data and other community indicators for Michigan communities, using preset maps or drawing custom geographies.
- MI School Data provides views of Michigan education data to help make informed educational decisions, to help improve instruction and to enable school systems to prepare a higher percentage of students to succeed in rigorous high school courses, college, and careers.
- Mi-School allows stakeholders to explore the Michigan education system through interactive maps and reports. Traditional, charter, and private school performance data is integrated with community-level population, crime, economic, and health data by shading.
Evaluation Presentation Tools
Also see the Free & Useful Evaluation Web Sites presentation on the presentations page.
- The Data Visualisation Catalogue provides a myriad of examples on how to present and share data.
- Poll Everywhere is a free resource where you can create an online poll for immediate responses using cell phones and texting.
- Bitstrips is a free site where you can create your own comic book characters and comic strip to use to creatively share information, data, and results.